I've started playing basketball - well kitchen basketball to be exact - it's safer to start this way than immediately show your ineptitude on the court in front of 8-year-olds.
The sink as you can see, is the perfect basket. Getting it in is not difficult but making it stay in is.
The ball that I'm playing with is a Wilson NCAA ball. NCAA is an acronym for the National Basketball Association, the overseeing basketball organisation in the US. The team in charge of creating acronyms at the NCAA is not the best in the world.
Top tips for Kitchen Basketball:
- Clear away all glasses and glassware before you start a game.
- Don't tell your mother/wife that you play this game and only play when she's not at home.
- If you hit the faucet handle such that water sprays on the kitchen floor take a 1 point penalty.
- Score an extra point if you bounce the ball off 2 surface items before it dunks.
- Score 3 extra points if you reflect off the microwave and oven before you "sink" it.